Evacuation update, Theodore
All residents have now been safely evacuated from Theodore with Police and essential services personnel only remaining in the town.
A number of family pets have been evacuated, with some pets still to be evacuated from the town. Arrangements have been made for care to be provided to pets remaining in Theodore.
The Theodore River remains at 14.13metres and police will continue to monitor levels over the coming days and assess when residents will be able to start returning to the town.
Police would like to thank residents for their cooperation during this time.
Police remind motorists not to attempt to cross flooded roads or causeways. Do not risk your life, the lives of those in your vehicle and the lives of rescuers. Nothing is so important that you need to enter floodwaters. If you are stranded please remain patient.
Before undertaking any travel motorists are urged to make all possible inquiries with to obtain the most up to date information for their proposed routes –
• Bureau of Meteorology website for up to date weather information, including up-coming forecasts;
• The Traffic and Travel information line on 13 19 40 or http://131940.qld.gov.au
• RACQ road closure site on 1300 130 595 or http://www.racq.com.au/travel/Maps_and_Directions/road_conditions
• For more information about flood and cyclone preparation and emergency kits can be found at www.disaster.qld.gov.au;
• Monitor local councils and local radio stations for local information and updates.